/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

,

:: Titanic, Lace and Fifi Lapin ::

Day 28. We finally made it to the Titanic & Andy Warhol exhibitions! (Recall my first failed attempt?) It was worth every penny, even if we had sped through the museum because Bielet was hyper after lunch and a little spooked at Titanic due to the giant crowd! The re-creations of the magnificent ship were awe-inspiring and the tragic tale is still as heart-wrenching as when I first heard of it. Everyone must have heard about the sinking of the unsinkable ship, but not until the Hollywood adaptation of the story did it become a global phenomenon.

I remember watching the movie in secondary school, and while the love story seemed so incredulous, it was quite sad that the love affair side-stepped the other issues of class stratification which opened the eyes of this naive girl. At the start of the exhibition, we were all given mock tickets of actual passengers - mine was a 60-year old lady in First Class, the hubby's a 40-year old man from steerage and Bielet was given a ticket of a 15-year old girl in First Class (incredibly, she was already a Mrs!). As we rightly guessed, the girls survived but the hubby's passenger and his entire family in Third Class did not. It was a sight at the close of the exhibition to behold all the museum goers standing around and gawking at the list of passengers who survived and who didn't - to see whether the ticket they had were one of the lucky 700+ who emerged from the fatal journey alive. It occurred to me that this was probably what the family of the passengers then were also doing, intently studying the lists with fervent hope and nervous optimism that their loved one had survived. I can only imagine the raw, overwhelming emotions of everyone at that actual scene.

Right. That was some serious stuff. Let's move on to frivolous stuff like my outfit of the day, shall we?

Posing by my framed Middle Earth map to (try to) give that scholarly, intellectual vibe.

Sans my Fifi Lapin cropped cardigan. Can you see the layers of my black dress?

My comfy cotton dress is interspersed with two different lace layers - this is the first floral lace mesh,

and this is the other polka dotted layer ((:

A close up of Fifi Lapin's runway on my cardigan! The world's most fashionable bunny!

Not very clear, but here's a macro shot of my Mickey necklace. Hee.

Bielet (I think) took offence at my comment on always wearing the same shoes so she insisted on parading in my floral pink flats. How cute is this?

:: WBW ::
Dress : Ching
Cardigan : M.I.S.
Shoes : Ximending, Taiwan
Necklace : Disneyland (gift from my dear colleague EL)


1 comment:

archives