/bɪ ə gʊd gɜ:l/ n. moniker of she who blogs here [also known as, bie]; adj. personal awesome advice to all female kiddos

meet the fam #thechennies

meet the fam #thechennies

Granted my blogpost title is rather cheesy. But yes, I didn't know Marche was such a hit with families and children! It was just a upmarket, pricer tuckshop to me.



Serving very fancy tuckshop food, that is.

Well, the first few times I went to the restaurant was back in secondary school - when Marche was at Heeren, which was still happening then - and my wallet was quite empty (actually, now still!). The restaurant made a quiet exit, then resurfaced a few years later at Vivocity. Bielet and I had our first lunch with my bff at that outlet when she was still a wee one. 3.5mo, to be precise!





Coincidentally, we went to Marche again with my bff! This time with our hubbies and one more baby. Hee. The group shot of us failed miserably, so here's a snap of just the girls.

Wefie!

After that reaaaaaaaaaaally long-winded intro, here's why Marche ticks the boxes for families eating out with little kids.

1. Special children's menu for 'picky' eaters


Disclaimer: We didn't take this option though, because we ordered plenty to share. But, I did notice lots of other parents getting this for their children.

2. Pushcarts for food have an infant seat
Marche, if you didn't know, is self-service so you need to push a cart around to collect your food (like the Ikea restaurant).


Awwwwwww man, I can't get over how UBER CUTE this contraption is! Btw, the high chair for infants is equally sturdy - just sans wheels.

3. The play area is a.w.e.s.o.m.e.
I saved the best for the last. This was the reason why we came to Marche Suntec, because I read somewhere that their 313@Somerset outlet had a play area called Heidi's Hut. When I rang up to make a reservation, the staff told me Suntec had a play area too. Oh yeah, no need to squeeze with Orchard crowd - I'm in!

There are six areas for kids to busy themselves:

-- Cow(s) --
Outside the restaurant, udders do not work.

Inside the restaurant, udders do work. When the kids squeeze on the udders, water actually spurts out - supposed to be in the bucket, but the overzealous kids can't aim properly so by the end of the night, it looked like the cow peed all over the floor. Tsk.

-- Bridge Escape --
This structure contains a bridge, flipboard (ala Vanna White, Wheel of Fortune) and a fireman's pole.

'Suspension' bridge

Flipboard



And fireman's pole. Yes, you saw right - Bielet just sat down, instead of sliding down. LOL

-- Play Table --
There weren't many vehicles or figures left on the table for actual play, but it entertained the kids who couldn't muscle their way into the more popular areas.

-- Grocery Store --
Bieny really liked this nook. She likes being a cashier, I think.

-- Treehouse --
Bieny took a long time to get up the stairs, but she managed alright.

The treehouse (sans the tree) is quite spacious, and was probably the second most popular feature (after the cow!)

There's even a netted portion for kids willing to live dangerously. LOL

Bielet really pleased with the play area (we had withheld play until she ate dinner). Maybe Bieny is scowling here because her jiejie is stomping on her toe. I just saw that.

-- Boulder Wall --
This is tucked away at the back, so we would have missed it; if not for me being curious as to what was outside. Most of the other kids didn't come here because it is only illuminated by natural light streaming in from the glass door. When night fell, it got too dark.

So! Are you now convinced that Marche is kid-friendly? Although, seeing as it is a restaurant, here are some food snaps. Given the wide range, there's bound to be something to please your palate.

DIY salad.

I don't usually like anything wraps, the only exception being crepes. And this one is like a roti prata wrap - give it to me already!

My bff's smoked salmon salad with a dollop of avocado.

Her hubby's pork knuckle.

Now, who's chicken is this? I clean forgot - one of the husband's.

Bielet wanted pasta so I chose my favourite carbonara. #growfatanddie

My bff is the sweetest - she ordered this dish of calamari (one of my faves) to share with me!



Bieny totally approved the ice-cream. She even got ice-cream snort on/in her nose!

Heck, both of them approved Movenpick!

Next time you're looking for a family-friendly eatery, give Marche a chance, won't you? The kids will absolutely love it!

---

WHW
Blue Little Miss character tee from Uniqlo, black pants from Hush Puppies

WTW
Pink Little Miss character tee from Uniqlo, blue leggings with white stars from Cotton On Kids

0 comments:

Post a Comment

archives